Egg Fried Rice has always been one of my favorite dishes when its comes to easy, quick and healthy cooking. There are so many fresh cut vegetables and egg cooked with rice…ummmh… You can use Quinoa (Brown Rice), Long Grain Rice or Basmati Rice. It is quick and easy preparation. It serves as a very good Lunch option for school going kids.
Mostly all my cooking is done in A spoon of olive oil on non-stick pans/woks. I have heard about the side effects of Ajinomoto and I DO NOT use it in any of my Chinese cooking especially if it is being prepared for children. It is optional, you may use it if you want. Frankly, I dont miss the taste either and my Egg Fried Rice tastes just like restaurant . See the step by step recipe below :
Olive Oil – 1tsp
Dark Soya Sauce 1 tsp
Green Chilly Sauce – 1/4 tsp
Black Pepper Powder- 1/4 tsp (not finely powdered)
Tomotao Sauce – A small squeeze
Eggs – 4 large
Unsalted steamed white rice – 4 cups
Salt – Per taste
1 cup thinly sliced Cabbage, bell pepper, carrots, beans , onions , spring onions
For Making Egg Fried Rice:
- Heat the wok over high heat until a drop of water vaporizes instantly upon contact.
- Add the vegetables and cook until hot and just smoking.
- Make a division on the wok and shift the vegetables to one half.
- On the other half add olive oil. Now gently add eggs and scramble them.
- Now add some Salt and pepper and to it add rice and stir-fry.
- Now add Dark Soya Sauce, ketchup and Green chilly Sauce.
- Toss them together and mix well.
- Let it cook on high flame for a min. Keep Stirring.
I use a combination all these above sauces and ketchup in my Chinese food preparation.
- Rice should be a little over half cooked to avoid making lumps.
- Soya Sauce is a little salty so adjust the salt according.
- All the cooking here should be done on high flame.
- You may add Red, Yellow bell peppers to add colors.