Kale Kebab…. Kebab are also known as kebap, kabab, kebob, kabob, kibob, kebhav, kephav, qabab. The Kale Kebabs are made of Kale chane.
Kala Chana is a variation of the commonly found chickpea but it is dark brown in color and smaller in size. It is also known as Bengal gram. Kala Chana is very high in protein and provides a nutritional meal. It has a low glycemic index and is a good protein source for people with Diabetes.
Dark Brown chickpeas (kale chane)- 1 cup
Bengal Gram Lentil (chana dal) – 3 cup
All purpose flour (maida)- 1 cup
Garlic Cloves (3-4)
Ginger – chopped ( 1 tsp )
Green chillies (3)
Bread slice – 2
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
Making Kale Kebab :
- Soak the chickpeas and chana dal separately for few hours in good amount of water.
- Mix the soaked chickpeas, chana dal, ginger, garlic, green chilies, cloves, salt and pepper powder.
- Add 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 6-7 whistles.
- Make sure that water should dry up completely.
- When the lentils cools down then grind it in a mixer.
- Soak the bread slices and press with both the hands to retain water.
- Grind it with chickpeas in a mixer.
- Now combine all the ingredients by adding all purpose flour in it.
- Make the small properly shaped kebabs of the mixture.
- Heat sufficient oil in a pan and deep fry all kebabs in it.
- Serve them hot with coriander or mint chutney.
- You can roast the kebabs in the oven as well.
Egg Fried Rice has always been one of my favorite dishes when its comes to easy, quick and healthy cooking. There are so many fresh cut vegetables and egg cooked with rice…ummmh… You can use Quinoa (Brown Rice), Long Grain Rice or Basmati Rice. It is quick and easy preparation. It serves as a very good Lunch option for school going kids.
Mostly all my cooking is done in A spoon of olive oil on non-stick pans/woks. I have heard about the side effects of Ajinomoto and I DO NOT use it in any of my Chinese cooking especially if it is being prepared for children. It is optional, you may use it if you want. Frankly, I dont miss the taste either and my Egg Fried Rice tastes just like restaurant . See the step by step recipe below :
Olive Oil – 1tsp
Dark Soya Sauce 1 tsp
Green Chilly Sauce – 1/4 tsp
Black Pepper Powder- 1/4 tsp (not finely powdered)
Tomotao Sauce – A small squeeze
Eggs – 4 large
Unsalted steamed white rice – 4 cups
Salt – Per taste
1 cup thinly sliced Cabbage, bell pepper, carrots, beans , onions , spring onions
For Making Egg Fried Rice:
- Heat the wok over high heat until a drop of water vaporizes instantly upon contact.
- Add the vegetables and cook until hot and just smoking.
- Make a division on the wok and shift the vegetables to one half.
- On the other half add olive oil. Now gently add eggs and scramble them.
- Now add some Salt and pepper and to it add rice and stir-fry.
- Now add Dark Soya Sauce, ketchup and Green chilly Sauce.
- Toss them together and mix well.
- Let it cook on high flame for a min. Keep Stirring.
- Rice should be a little over half cooked to avoid making lumps.
- Soya Sauce is a little salty so adjust the salt according.
- All the cooking here should be done on high flame.
- You may add Red, Yellow bell peppers to add colors.